Emma gained her qualifications from University of Wales Trinity Saint David from which she graduated with a degree in Social Inclusion in 2012. From 2012-2015 she worked as a family and youth worker for a local authority as part of a Welsh Governments Families First initiative. Its aims were to achieve better integrated support for families with emerging needs at the preventative and protective stages of intervention, with the hope of reducing the numbers of families developing more complex needs that require more intensive intervention. In December 2015, she completed the MSc in Behaviour Analysis from the University of South Wales and volunteered in the University led Early Intervention Clinic aiding the implementation of ABA programs designed by the clinic supervisors. This included running their individualised teaching curriculum of specific targets generated using the Verbal Behaviour Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VBMAPP) or the Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills (ABLLS). She has over 3 years of experience of working with children with Autism or related conditions using the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis/Verbal Behaviour. Working as a tutor and lead therapist since 2014 and began to supervise ABA/VB programmes. In 2015 she began to provide supervision and training on home programmes and into mainstream and special schools. She has begun her supervised practice on a weekly basis from a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst in preparation for the Board Certification exam and has also started to take on some Consultancy work under the supervision of a BCBA.
- HABC Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF)
- HABC Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Recognition to Referral to Case Conference
- SQA Award in Putting Playwork Principles into Practice
- Team Teach
- Engaging Fathers Training – Awareness training for the purpose of changing practices to greater incorporate fathers.
- Attachment and its role in childrens lives
- Positive Behavioural Support 2 day Workshop (PBS) – (Day 1) Improving the Lives of Individuals with Challenging Behaviour through Positive Behaviour Support (Day 2)Addressing Challenging Behavior and Improving Academic Attainment with School-wide Positive Behavioural Interventions and Supports
- UK-SBA Speakers Series – Dr Pat Friman -Workshop 1: Mainstream Behaviour Analysis: Conceptual Considerations. Workshop 2: Mainstream Behaviour Analysis: Clinical Applications
- UK-SBA Speakers Series- Dr Wayne Fisher & Dr Cathleen Piazza – Workshop 1: Recent advances in the assessment & treatment of challenging behaviours -Workshop 2: Assessment and treatment of pediatric feeding disorders.
- Early Start Denver Model – Introductory Course presented by Elizabeth Fulton Certified ESDM Trainer